Toyota Connected Europe Limited (TCEU, we or us) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. On this page we describe how we collect, use, and share personal data that you provide to us, or that we may otherwise obtain or generate, which relates to you. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we collect about you
TCEU may collect the following personal data about you in relation to your use of this website:
- basic information, such as your name, prefix or title;
- contact information, such as your email address and telephone number;
- technical data, such as your IP address, your internet browser, the pages you have visited on this website, information relating to your session and device information (for example hardware model, operating system, version and mobile network information);
- personal preferences, including your marketing and cookies preferences; and
- content you may provide or upload via our website.
How we obtain your personal data
We may collect domain information from your visit to our website to customise and improve your experience. In addition, we gather personal data about you when you provide it to us from certain areas of our website, by email or by other function. We may combine information that we have about you from various sources.
Our purposes for processing your personal data
We process your personal data in order to:
- respond to any questions or queries you may have about TCEU or this website;
- consider you application for employment;
- register you for any surveys or seminars you have expressed an interest in;
- notify you of career opportunities at TCEU;
- send newsletters and promotional emails to you where you have agreed to receive these from us;
- send important notices and updates, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- monitor the use of, and make improvements to, our website;
- comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, guidance, codes, and industry/professional rules and regulations;
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to help us deliver and improve our TCEU digital platforms, content and services;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services to understand which parts of our digital platforms and services are of the most interest and to improve the design and content of our platforms; and
- (where applicable) ensure we have up-to-date contact information for you.
Legal grounds for processing your personal data
We process your personal data for the purposes described above in pursuit of our legitimate business interests of promoting our services to customers and potential customers, responding to enquiries about the services we offer and ensuring the effective operation of our website.
We may also process your personal data to comply with laws, regulations, rules, codes and guidance, as well as other requests or demands for data. Where we use your personal data for this purpose, we will take measures to protect your personal data.
At times we may need your consent to allow us to use your personal data for one or more of the purposes set out above. You may at any time withdraw your consent, at which point we will cease to send you emails and bulletins, by contacting us via the “Contact us” section below or by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the footer of any email we send you.
We will only hold your personal data for as long as required (a) to undertake the purposes of our processing as set out above, (b) to comply with the law, or (c) in connection with any legal actions or investigations involving TCEU.
Who we share your personal data with
Your personal data may be transferred between TCEU affiliates throughout the world, and with certain third parties, such as:
- service providers that provide services on our behalf;
- legal advisors, auditors and other professional advisors;
- courts, tribunals, arbitrators or other judicial committees; and
- local or foreign governments, regulators and law enforcement agencies.
When third parties are given access to your personal data, TCEU will take the required contractual, technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data is only processed to the extent necessary. Third parties will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable law.
Cross-border transfers of your personal data
TCEU may transfer your personal data to countries or territories outside your place of residence, where data protection laws may not offer the same level of protection available in your home country. We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses. You can find more information about data transfer agreements here.
Whilst TCEU takes all reasonable precautions to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction and complies with data protection laws, data transmission over the internet may not be adequately secured by the sender. As a result, TCEU cannot ensure the secure receipt of any information that is sent to TCEU by this medium and any such information is sent at your own risk.
Websites that we do not own or control
This website may sometimes contain links to other websites, which are not owned or controlled by us. This privacy notice does not apply to those websites and TCEU is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
You may be entitled to:
- receive confirmation from us as to whether we process your personal data, and, where we do, access a copy of that personal data and certain other information;
- request the rectification of any inaccurate personal data that we hold about you;
- request the erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- request the restriction of our processing of your personal data in certain other circumstances, for example in certain scenarios where we are unable to comply with a request to erase your personal data;
- receive a copy of the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, machine-readable and commonly-used format and/or, where possible, to request we transmit that personal data to another organization;
- object to certain processing of your personal data;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (where we are processing your personal data based on your consent); and
- make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to your local data protection supervisory authority (details of local supervisory authorities in each EU Member State can be found here).
If you would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by getting in touch via one of the methods set out in the “Contact us” section below.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy statement or practices, you can contact us at email@example.com
In respect of all processing under this Privacy Statement, Toyota Connected Europe Limited is the data controller.